Start A Youth M.O.V.E Chapter
Want to help get involved in your communities and schools to help advocate for mental health, fight stigma and provide support? Youth M.O.V.E MN is based in the Twin Cities so it’s hard for us to reach greater Minnesota so we need your help! With our support, you can start a chapter in your school or local community. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in starting a local chapter. Here are some ideas if you are not sure where to start:
- Start an after-school support group for students
- What you need: A teacher to supervise, connect with the school administration, advertise your group with posters and social media
- Advocate for students in your school that may need accommodations for their disorder
- Stand up to bullies
- Start an educational and advocacy group in your school or community
- Create educational material about mental health (posters, flyers, videos, etc…) and with administrative support, put it around your school
- Ask a local library or community center if you can put flyers and posters around their space
- Ask local businesses (coffee shops, bookstores, etc…) if you can put flyers about mental health disorders in their stores
Are you local to the Twin Cities?
Come join Youth M.O.V.E at our monthly meetings to learn how to be involved at a statewide level or how to start support and advocacy groups in the Twin Cities! We have held off public meetings until our funding has been reinstated, we expect to have meetings resume in the Spring of 2018.
Current Available Grant Applications!
Need funding to start a project? Here are some links to current grants that you can apply for to either start a project to receive more funding for a current one!